March 17, 2013

The World According to Charlotte, pt 2

Charlotte is really enjoying her new daycare/school (Edgcumbe Montessori), and a few new rules have materialized.

1. Boys rules.  Girls drool.  All of the kids Charlotte talks about from school are boys.  She has taken a particular interest in some guy named Carver.  I don't know too much about Carver except that he has blue snowpants.  He can put his snowpants on by himself.  And he cried one day.  A self-sufficient guy who has a sensitive side?  Charlotte is off to a good start in picking a boyfriend.

2.  It's okay to call your parents "teacher" and "Babiya."  It's pretty funny.  We think Babiya is the woman who helps with the toddlers at Montesorri.  Charlotte usually calls us Babiya when she is playing her favorite game: go night night.  Ironically, this is often her game of choice before bedtime.  But in the game she calls us Babiya when she wants us to tuck her in.

The Teacher thing is also funny.  She fully knows I don't want to be called Teacher but yells it anyway when she needs help or attention that is not urgent.  Whatever Charlotte.  I ignore her when she calls me Teacher and she keeps at it anyway.  I have to say I admire her persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment