Sunday evening my friend Nathan came over to watch the Gophers unimpress and underwhelm its basketball fans in the second round of NCAA basketball tournament (technically called the third round now, but there is a lot of of buzz to just start calling it the Thirsty 32). It was a fitting end to a disappointing season. Fortunately, Nathan, Charlotte, and I went to dinner at Longfellow Grill first so I had the game DVR'd and Nathan and I were able to fast foward through most of the second half and watched Louis CK's stand-up special, Hilarious, instead.
But Charlotte had a great time. Longfellow Grill is always fun for her, and then I let her watch five minutes of basketball with me and Nathan before she went to bed, which for her was a real treat.
It also doesn't hurt that Nathan fits her ideal demographic of people she likes to hang out with: dudes between 30 and 60. I had a friend in college visit me earlier this winter and he was over at our house and Charlotte orgnaically pulled out these flirting skills that I had never seen before. Ever since then, it's been a pattern, as it was with Nathan. She was showing off for him, by jumping on her trampoline, and then cozied up next to him to watch basketball. It was pretty funny and very sweet.
And now whenever we drive by Longfellow Grill, Charlotte points it out and says, "Longfellow Grill. Eat with Nathan."
So today we were driving by and Charlotte again noted where we were.
Charlotte: Longfellow Grill. Eat with Nathan.
Me: Yeah you me and Nathan ate there a few days ago.
Emily: Did you have fun?
Charlotte: yeah.
Me: Do you want to go there again with Nathan?
Charlotte: No.
Ouch. Cold-hearted. Take that Nathan.
She's moved on. I feel so used.
ReplyDeleteIt might not be you, Nathan. It might be the pancake she had.
ReplyDelete