March 04, 2013

Like, Ooops

Saturday afternoon Charlotte found a bag of dried apricots and kept on calling them her vitamins.  They are round, and they do have the same translucent quality of her gummy vitamins.  She walked around with them in her possession the rest of the afternoon and evening. At bedtime she insisted on taking them with her into her crib.  I agreed, as the apricots were closed with a twist tie and she had shown zero interest in eating them.  I thought it was funny that most kids want their teddy bear for bedtime, but Charlotte wants a bag of dried apricots.

Fast-forward to Sunday morning.  I was out running with some friends when Charlotte woke up.  So, fortunately for me, I was not first responder.  Emily walked in when she heard Charlotte blabbering away.  When she opened the door, Charlotte was standing up in her crib, held out an opened baggie, half-full of dried apricots, and said, "Vitamins!"

Emily said, "Did you eat some of those?" and Charlotte matter-of-factly said "yeah."

We have no idea when she ate the apriocots but it must have closer to bedtime than wake up time.  Let's just say that when Emily was done changing Charlotte's diaper and cleaning Charlotte up, an orange hue remained on her bum.

Like I said, glad I wasn't the first responder.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought we'd use the "pooping while laying on your stomach" tag again! LOL.

    ReplyDelete