Get ready for the most gripping opening to a story ever. Hold onto your hats, because here we go!
I have two belts. One is brown and one is black. Both are over ten years old. Normally I wear my black belt because I wear black shoes to work. But lately I've been on a brown dress shoes kick lately, so I have been wearing my brown belt a lot more freqently.
The end. No not really.
Also, we have a brass jingle bell on one of our door knobs. Either it is a Christmas decoration that we forgot to put away or.... well I have no idea why the jingle bell is there. Emily?
Anyway, the brown belt features weathered leather, like you'd find on jingle bells, and a brass buckle. Whenever I put on my brown belt or take it off, and Charlotte sees it, she will point to it and say, "Jingle belt."
And only my brown belt is the jingle belt.
That was a long way to go for that "kids say the darndest thing" moment but it was worth it, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment