October 27, 2010

This is How We Do

This is a super cute thing that Charlotte does - she often rests her sleepy head on her hands.   

Kangaroo care is when a baby and parent spend a chunk of time "skin-to-skin."  It is used around the world and has been shown to help preemies with respiration, body temperature, weight gain and nursing.      It is also beneficial for bonding, which is important for baby and parents especially when baby is still in the hospital and the parents can't be there all the time.  Mike or I try to do it everyday.   She'll be all wiggly and then when you hold her like this, she becomes totally peaceful.  So peaceful that I used to fall asleep all the time too, until some nurses urged me to start taking naps.  

5 comments:

  1. Ummm, I do hope that this picture is of Mike and not you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike here.

    I can't thank Emily enough for including my bare chest in that photo. I think it's payback for a few nights ago. We saw an episode of Doogie Howser on this new channel called, called, I forgot what it's called. Anyway. they show Doogie Howser on this channel quite frequently. And it is clear, after we watched the show together that Doogie is NOT your typical sitcom like Blossom.

    Nawrocki 1
    Parker 0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, is that your chest?

    I had a parent once who wanted to know why her child couldn't go to to school part time and work like Dougie Houser.

    How to explain that it is a TV show and not reality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, if it's not my chest, what did you think it was? Nevermimd.

    ReplyDelete