May 24, 2013

Overheard, Exhibit L

The Truth Hurts

Charlotte was "helping" me mow the lawn today.  Mowing is presently a ridiculous process right now with our reel mower and winter turning right into  to two weeks of rain.  Until this afternoon, there was a two hour window to mow the lawn during non-work hours over the past two weeks.  That was Monday when I had a meeting that ran until 5 p.m.  So the grass continued to grow at a rapid rate and over the past two days dandelions have taken off as well and are growing like, well, a weed.

It was comical as Charlotte was struggling to push her toy lawn mower through our bluegrass thicket as much as I was.  At one point she dropped her mower and started picking dandelions.

"Look at all the flowers.  Daddy growed them."

Indeed, sadly, I should take the blame for this one.  I can take a hint Charlotte.  Weed and feed is on the to do list, in 25 days, when the 40 days and 40 nights of rain finally comes to a close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment