Over the weekend our house was invaded by a few wasps. We are still sorting where the hive is or if we even have one. But we definitely had a few of them in our house. Big Nacho did his best to kill them, but unfortunately I had to step in.
Having a wasp flying around is stressful enough as it is, but when you couple it with Emily's extreme fear of all things that sting, it was pretty easy for Charlotte to realize that something dramatic was happening. I killed the first one in front of her by smacking it off a wall with a towel and then stomping on it. Charlotte looked a little stressed out and very confused as it all went down, so I just told her I was wasp dancing.
Five minutes later she had her blanket and was whipping it around the room and then stomped on the floor and told me she was wasp dancing.
Later that day she was hanging out on her potty upstairs, waiting for the magic of urination to happen, when I isolated wasp #2 in our bedroom next door to hers. So I told Charlotte I was going to go play a funny game in the bedroom (exactly why I said this is beyond me; I think I was just keep from feeling unnecessarily worried). This wasp was way more aggressive than the previous wasp, yet I was stuck with the same dumb weapon, a towel. Eventually I killed the thing but not before madly slapping the wall and blinds with a towel repeatedly.
Today I was making dinner and Charlotte was playing by herself in the living room when she suddenly came running into the kitchen announcing "I'm gonna play daddy's funny game" and then proceeded to smash the cabinets, fridge, and stove with her toy hammer. As an aside, I fantasize about taking a hammer to our cabinets, too. Only with a sledge kind, not a toy kind.
I was able to coax Charlotte into playing the "funny game" one last time for the video but the video does not reflect all the frantic energy Charlotte had when she first came into the kitchen and played the funny game for her own sake and not mine.
Also, I think we need to invest in a fly swatter. Cats and towels are inefficient ways to fight wasps.
It should be noted that Nacho is pretty frickin amazing when it comes to but extermination. I have seen Nacho catch a house fly with with front paws. He is like Mr Miagi. A number of years ago we had a yellow jackets or wasp problem and Nacho killed as many as Mike. We'd come home from work and there would be 4-5 dead ones on the floor. Nacho did get stung on his face once, but he remains fearless. I think he is more scared of Mike's funny game than the stinging bugs.
ReplyDelete