May 15, 2013

Mr. Al

While I was cooking dinner tonight Charlotte was in the other room with Emily playing with bristle blocks. Every two minutes or so she would run into the kitchen to show me what she made.  It was your typical toddler creations, a boat and then a train.  But then she came running in and said she made "Mr. Al with a guitar.  He's gonna sing Baby Beluga."

Mr. Al is one of Charlotte's preschool teachers.  He is really into music.  When I drop Charlotte off, we are one of the first arrivers and Mr. Al is just getting started for the day.  He always has some sort of  music on his boom box, and his choices range from Bob Dylan to jazz to blues to classical.  When Emily drops Charlotte off it is usually two hours later than I do so Mr. Al is in full swing with his lessons for the kid.  Emily says he is typically either singing to them or doing a lesson centered around music.  Oh yeah, and he loves Charlotte.

And lately Charlotte has really taken to Mr. Al.  She made the bristle block Mr. Al before dinner and then just before bedtime, she made another Mr. Al.  And then she turned it into a Mr. Al Tower (whatever that is), before reconstructing back to Mr. Al.

Here isa picture of Charlotte just before I turned out the light.  She has her blankets, pacifiers, doll tucked in.... and those orange, green, and yellow bristle blocks would be Mr. Al.  She insisted he join her in the crib tonight.  But she told me he did not need to be tucked in .  "He has a polka dot blanket."  I think she was referring the bumps on the bristle blocks, but your guess is as good as mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment