She's no Mitch Hedberg but Charlotte made her first joke last night.... with an assist from me. Ever since Election Day I will periodically exclaim, "Barak Obama!!!" like a sports announcer, not so much because I'm into his cult of personality but more because Charlotte seems amused by it all.
So last night at dinner we started saying Barak Obama back and forth and then either Emily or I said "Barak O....Mama!" as "mama" is Charlotte's generic word for adult caretaker (it would help if I stopped responding eveytime she called me "mama" but I fear the horse has already left the barn on that one).
Charlotte thought that was pretty funny and then I said, "Barak Odaddy?" and she said, "No...... Barak OCharlotte? Barak ONacho?" and then she laughed and laughed. In fact we all did.
And there you have it. Not only her first dabbling in metalanguage but also her first joke. Funny stuff. See you Leno.
No comments:
Post a Comment