August 22, 2012

Another Day at the Office



Emily shot this video yesterday and e-mailed it to me this morning.  This is Charlotte leaving the house for the day. She has a work bag the same way Emily or I do, some keys somewhere, and then to do her own thing she is carrying a toy kennel with a stuffed dog inside.



This is a sad week for me because I go back to work Friday.  But it was another great summer thanks to Charlotte.  Last night I went for a run with a couple teachers from the school I worked at two years ago (I hang out with those folks way more than I do the staff at my present school, part of the reason I'm bummed to be going to back to work).

At the end of the run my friend and I were talking about how fortunate we are to have such a family-friendly job.  He is probably the least sentimental person I know and he said, "I love my daughter so much it hurts sometimes."

I watch this video and I know exactly what he means.


Edit:  Hey, this is Emily.  I was planning to blog that video, but Mike beat me to it.  Dang it!  I was going to post it with the picture below.  This is what I look like when we leave in the morning.  I am a bag lady, which is story in itself.  Anyway, this might be how Charlotte got the idea that dragging a big bag around means, "bye bye."

Multiple bags satelliting around her.



1 comment:

  1. You have influenced your daughter negatively, Emily. She is a Glamour fashion DON'T!

    By the way, I love her determination to get to work with a big bigger than herself.

    ReplyDelete