Soon enough Charlotte had to come outside with me so Emily could get ready for work. As you can see, her love of sweeping generalizes to the great outdoors. She did a nice job of helping me sweep the cut grass off the sidewalk. Also take note of all the berets in her hair. That is her new thing: to ask that we put all of her berets in her hair at once. You can tell Emily got her ready this morning. When I do it, all the berets hang off her hair like clothespins and it is so very disorderly. Also take note of the powerwashed front porch. I just need to sand the rough spots and put down the new finish. This project should just take a few days but with a baby to mind it is taking many weeks.
Charlotte has been working on picking up her toys after she plays with them and she presently thinks it's a lot of fun (we'll see how long that lasts). So she was pretty excited to help me "clean up" all the grass. I also wanted to get a shot of her butt. While I was mowing she a) thought it was hysterical when the grass shot up in the air as I mowed and b) loved to crawl the top of the incline in our yard and scoot down it on her butt. You can see that stain stick was used today.
In fact, when all of our yard work was done, she had to take a bath. Music class was this morning and she couldn't show up smelling like a barnyard. As you can see, it was a good morning for her. You can also see the next chore I have in mind for her: cleaning the shower tile.

Think you mean barrettes, I kept pucturibg Charlotte with a bunch of French hats on her head (berets). Beth
ReplyDeleteI do mean barrettes. I never knew the word was spelled differently than beret. I thought the words were homographs. This has been a very educational post for me.
ReplyDelete