July 10, 2012

Procrastination

We have a deck that needs to be refinished.  I have a power washer to get what's left of the old finish off before applying the new finish.  But before I can attach the hose to the power washer there is this trigger nozzle of the end of the hose that might be rusted on.  Either way I can't get it off, so I can't power wash.  I will persevere but not at my present level of annoyance.  I chose to "take a break" so as to keep myself from getting so frustrated at the situation that I would end up thinking that taking an axe to the hose, the deck, and then the world would be an appropriate solution.

So I thought I'd work on editing some Youtube videos I have of Charlotte instead.  Only problem being I can't get the video editor to work on Youtube on this old laptop, even though Emily says it can be done.  I'd use my work laptop but the mousepad is not working right now.  I am beginning to think taking an axe to these laptops, Youtube's home office, and then the world is an appropriate solution. 

Sorry but for now I can't edit this video (and another that one that goes with it that I won't post).  Below is a video of Charlotte looking at the London Bridges Falling Down nursery rhyme in her Richard Scarry Mother Goose book.  She now requests Mother Goose books by name.  If she wants a specific book, she'll just say "book?" over and over until she finds the one she wants, unless she is looking for a Mother Goose book.  Then she'll "Goose?" over and over and really seems quite satisfied once she finds one of the four Mother Goose books she has available to her.

This video is from a few days ago, right after breakfast (hence the "just out of bed" look she is sporting).  Charlotte was leafing through the pages and ended up here and I swear she is singing (or at least trying to sing) "London Bridges Falling Down" complete with a dance number.  That is like the first 50 seconds.  I would have edited out the rest.  But if you want to watch her crawl up to me and well, that's about it, feel free to watch the rest of the video.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't catch this until now but she says "ball" towards the end of the video and keeps looking on the ground and under the couch. I am pretty sure what she is doing is looking a medium-sized rubber ball she shares with Pancho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is totally singing and dancing!

    ReplyDelete