December 05, 2010

Robot Slumber Party

Make fun of Emily and me all you want, but we do have a robot collection.  Here are two of the robots whose arms I could manipulate so that they are imitating a sleeping Charlotte.


More importantly, the close observer will note that Charlotte has put on a goodly amount of weight and looks like a regular old newborn and not a premie.  She has her next pediatrician's appointment tomorrow and the professional prognosticators out west have the over/under for her weight at 9 pounds 2 ounces.  I'll put my money on her being over.

Less importantly, take note that Charlotte's pants match her shirt.  Emily is always more than mildly surprised when I dress her in matching clothes.  I do take time to make sure my own clothes match in the morning before I go to work.  But her present level of surprise that I am NOT dressing Charlotte in an orange top with green stripes and pink plaid pants leads me to one of two possible conclusions.  Either I am doing a miserable job of dressing myself for work (oftentimes I do ask Emily if my slacks and shirt go with my sweater), or Emily  secretly wants me to be one of those clueless dads who dresses his kid in comical combinations because stuff like matching clothes just doesn't matter.

Well I don't think Emily will be too disappointed.  Even though I can match shirts and pants for newborns, I am pretty sure there will be millions of other parenthood traps where I will be comically clueless.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute - she looks very plump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben has put some seriously crazy outfits on our children, complete with mismatched socks that are pulled up over the pants. And wait a second, doesn't your baby spend most of her time in one piece sleepers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My having a slight preference for snaps and zippers over pants doesn't mean she never ever wears pants. It just means she doesn't wear pants as often as sleepers. There was a learning curve at first, but the difference between the two in terms of convenience really is pretty small.

    ReplyDelete