December 13, 2010

My Obligatory Storm of the Century Post

Over the weekend we experienced the Storm of the Century! Seventeen inches was the official total in Minneapolis, which is a lot.  It looks like even more after it's been shoveled and plowed into huge piles.  Of course, I love it.  When I was a kid, waking up to a whole lotta snow was such a thrill because there was always the possibility of a snow day.  Even though I don't get snow days anymore, I still feel like a kid when it snows a lot.  Mike, on the other hand, gets snow days now that he works in a school.  I think that now that he can experience the anticipation of snow days he will appreciate snow and cold more, but that is another story.

Our street after it has been plowed.  Love all the clean snow.
Our garage has a cool snow drift on top of it.
Mike shovels our snow, which took a long, long time this weekend.  He would like a snowblower to clear the snow from now on.  I don't think we need a snowblower, but I love the way snowblowers leave these clean slices in the snow.  

Nice square corners.

Fresh, untrodden snow is always pretty.  It's fun to go out after a big snowfall and check things out.  Today was the first day I actually got out to see the snow.  Mike was saying how different it is now that we have Charlotte.  Before Charlotte, we might have had a little adventure in the snow and walked to the wine bar, or down to the river with Poncho.  This year we might not have any fun in the snow together, but in a couple years we get to play in the snow with Charlotte.

Rabbit tracks at the park.
Cool snow drifting around a tree.


2 comments:

  1. Even with snowday #2 declared for me, it will take a long time for me to get excited about snow. Actually, not that long. Once Charlotte gets to have fun in the snow, then I'll get excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its funny that both you and I seem to have left our houses and our boppies to take pictures of the snow. I'm thinkin' we might be making an ice skating rink around here some day...

    ReplyDelete