October 30, 2010

Busman's Holiday

The doctor yesterday stated she wanted a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to do a consult with Charlotte.  Hey that's me!  I let the doctor know not only was I an SLP, but I specialized in fluency disorders, language disorders in adolescents, and metalinguistic skills for receptive language.  I couldn't wait to help!

Unfortunately Charlotte's problems are more basic.  They are a little concerned with the speed with which she is picking up oral feeding.  Some of you may know, SLPs also specialize in swallowing and feeding issues.  Well other SLPs do.  I don't, especially in newborns.  

Anyway, by Monday we will have an SLP visit and hopefully she will have some tips for us and the staff to help out Charlotte.  Bottom line is Charlotte continues to grow and get stronger.  Last night Emily noted how much stronger Charlotte's neck is.  Charlotte has some really good feeding sessions but not on a consistent basis, and that is the biggest road block we face to getting her home.  So hopefully the SLP will be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment