April 14, 2013

Spring Wonderland

I don't know what is more tiresome in Minnesota: the endless winter or the endless whining about the endless winter.  To be totally honest, I have done my share of complaining but at some point you just have to acknowledge that this is how my wife's state operates and deal with it.  I made my deal with this state years ago and have moved on.  I allow myself one major public complaint a year.  I used mine earlier this winter during a run with Nathan but I can't remember the context beyond that I knew I was burning my rant on one person at 5 a.m. who may or may not be listening to my rambling.

Or, you could be like Charlotte and think this weather is awesome.  We went to the zoo today and her eyes were half open on the drive home, she was that tired.  But once we hit the backyard, she perked up instantly.  She was having so much fun playing in the ice and sleet that I let her stay out there for 15 to 20 minutes, playing, before putting her to bed for her nap.  Charlotte certainly has her moments.  Below is a snippet of how to embrace whatever is in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment