Last night we went to Rusty Taco for dinner. When I told Charlotte we were going to a restaurant for dinner she got excited, as per usual. She responded by saying that we were going to get pizza, as if it were God's truth. Wishful thinking.
I told her we were getting tacos instead and she was totally fine with that as well... kind of.
As we were driving there, Charlotte was doing usual her stream of consciousness narrative from the back seat. Most, but not all of it centered around Rusty Taco. Just put this following paragraph on endless loop and you have our 15 minute drive to Rusty Taco with Charlotte summarized:
Go to a restaurant. Mommy go to a restaurant. Daddy go to a restaurant. Charlotte go to a restaurant. I see a airplane. Go to Rusty Taco together. I see birdie. Red light stop. Go to Rusty Taco. Eat a chicken. Hi doggie. Go to Rusty Pizza.
That's right. About every 8th reference she made to Rusty Taco she changed to Rusty Pizza. Way to keep the dream alive Charlotte. But I think she moved on just fine. Once we got there she completely devoured her taco and strawberries she brought (as an aside, only Charlotte can devour a meal and at the same time need 45 minutes to do so).
No comments:
Post a Comment