Depending on her mood, one of two things happens. Etiher she asks to be put in her crib with some books and then for me to to sit down ("daddy sit down?") and read a book of her choice to myself. She is giving me reading assignments, but she is also fine if I choose to read a book of my own choice. And then we just chill for awhile until we decide it's time to go downstairs and go do some cooking.
Or some afternoons we'll go upstairs and she'll grab a book and say "bye bye" and shut her bedroom door on me. I actually prefer this because then I can get a headstart on dinner. And I also like it because it's pretty funny to hear Charlotte gabbering away to herself, or her dolls, or the cats, or whomever.
A few days ago she grabbed her copy of What Do Busy People Do All Day? with one hand and pushed me out the door with the other and we both happily went our separate ways. So I went downstairs to exciting stuff like check the mail and clean the kitchen, and figured I'd turn on the baby monitor and shoot a little footage of Charlotte's gabbering. I have no idea what she is saying but I am sure she does.
It sounds like she is talking about poopy diapers
ReplyDelete