December 04, 2011

Celebration of Life

Today we went to an open house at Our Lady of Peace, the residential hospice place where Bubbe spent her last weeks.  It is such an amazing place and we are so lucky that Bubbe was able to be there.  The people who work there took good care of her, and of us.  Before Bubbe went to Our Lady of Peace, my sister and I took care of her all day everyday.  We weren't sure if moving her to a residential hospice place was the right thing to do, but one of the nurses said to us, "you need to be daughters now."  That was the greatest gift, we were able to be daughters and my mom was able to be our mom.  For Christmas, they had a Celebration of Life fundraiser and open house with a tree where you could buy an ornament to honor a loved one.  I think that for the rest of my life all of my charitable giving go there.  Mike, my sister and I brought the babies to visit with staff, eat some treats, and admire the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment