November 05, 2014

Halloween Zen

Charlotte had so much fun on Halloween.  Happy - not so much.  She was cold and we made her stay out past her bedtime.

Charlotte is VERY into her treats.  So much so, she slept with them on Friday night.  Then she sorted them into candy treats and other treats (stickers, pencils, tatoos) - exactly what I would do.  We let her eat as much as she wanted on Halloween, which was actually very reasonable.  I think she only ate 4-5 treats and most of them were the things I would have let her eat anyway like Teddy Grams or fruit leather.  Since then, we've limited her treat intake to 1 piece after dinner.  Every evening she helps me set the table while Mike is making dinner.  She asks me what candy I like and then she sets one treat at each place setting.  Then we enjoy our treats together after dinner.

Place settings and plastic entrees by Charlotte

Charlotte is the master of mindful eating when it comes to candy.  She uses all her senses and really studies the candy before she chooses it. Then she eats it very slowly.  Here she is eating Nerds.  One at a time.

Taking a bite of a larger Nerd
Zen or ingenious tactic to stay up even later?

No comments:

Post a Comment