January 24, 2011

Party Girl


We took Charlotte to a party on Saturday night.  Not just any party, but a Burns Supper to honor the Scottish poet, Robert Burns, Scotland's favorite son.  This is an annual event in my family, usually hosted by my step-mom or uncle Bob.  One of the rituals of the Burns Supper is the haggis parade, which this year came from a can (I don't know which is grosser, prepared haggis or haggis from a can).  Anyway, the haggis parade is led by a bagpiper.  I was wearing a drowsy Charlotte in my baby sling.  She was on her way to sleep so when the bagpipes headed my way, I scooted to the other side of the room.  But they followed me!  Ah!  Amazingly, Charlotte fell asleep and stayed asleep amidst the cacophany of bagpipes and people yelling at the sight of the canned haggis.  She was very cooperative. We could have stayed a lot later if only I had packed some diaper covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment